Base Plate Assembly Service
This bulletin covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: C44020 (2" Water Pump); C45530 (3" Water Pump); C49040 (4" Water Pump); and C46530 (3" Semi-Trash Pump)
Please read the instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the product without first stopping the engine and disconnecting the spark plug wire.
- Burns from hot parts — let the engine cool completely before touching hot parts.
- Injury from moving parts
- To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, be careful when working around gasoline. Keep cigarettes, sparks and flames away from all fuel‐related parts.
- Remove the pump housing and spiral casing.
Models C44020 and C45530: Remove the four 14 mm hex head bolts holding the pump housing to the main assembly.
Model C49040: Remove the four 17 mm hex head bolts holding the pump housing to the main assembly and the two 12 mm hex head bolts holding the pump housing to the frame.
Model C46530: Remove the four "T" bolts holding the pump housing to the main assembly>
- Rotate the impeller counterclockwise to remove.
- Remove the four 6 mm allen head bolts holding the base plate to the engine assembly.
- Coat the threads of the allen head bolts with Locktite and reinstall.
- Reattach the impeller to the crankshaft. Replace the spiral casing and pump housing. Insert and tighten the four hex head pump housing bolts.
View and download the PDF version here.