Ignition Coil Installation
This covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: 79cc - 439cc Engine Powered Generators.
Read instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
- Remove the yellow recoil housing cover (4-5, 6 mm bolts).
- Remove the two bolts holding the ignition coil (6 mm bolts).
- Remove the old ignition coil and exchange the wire connection to the new coil.
- Re-bolt the coil; DO NOT tighten the bolts yet.
- Using a business card for thickness, place it between the coil and magnet on the flywheel.
- Tighten the securing bolts on the coil at this time and remove the business card.
- Lastly, reinstall the cover assembly.
View and download the PDF version here.