Cleaning the 2000W Inverter Pilot Jet
This cover the following Champion Power Equipment models: All 2000W Inverter models.
Read instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
- Remove the Phillips head screw holding the black pilot jet capture plate by going through the access hole in the stepper motor support plate. Remove the capture plate, as well.
- Using a small pocket screwdriver, lift the pilot jet an 1/8 of an inch in order to grab the jet with a pair of needle-nose pliers. Use these to remove the jet from the carburetor.
- Using a strand of copper wire small enough to fit through the hole, clean the jet passage way. Then spray through the jet with carburetor or brake cleaner and then compressed air if available.
- Reinstall the pilot jet, making sure the groove on top of the jet in inline with airflow.
- Reinstall the pilot jet capture place and Phillips head screw.
View and download the PDF version here.