Remote Control Module Replacement - Open Frame Generator
This bulletin covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: All wireless-start open framed generators.
Read the instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the generator without first stopping the engine and disconnecting the spark plug wire.
- Burns from hot parts — let the engine cool completely before touching hot parts.
- Injury from moving parts
- To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, be careful when working around gasoline. Keep cigarettes, sparks and flames away from all fuel‐related parts.
Follow the instructions below for module replacement:
- Make sure the fuel valve is in the off position.
- Remove the black (-) lead from the battery with a 10 mm wrench, socket, or Phillips screwdriver.
- Remove the red (+) lead from the battery. Remove the battery from unit and place it a safe distance away.
- Remove the four corner bolts from the front panel to access the remote module.
- Remove the plastic control box cover located on the far left corner (two screws). This is the box with the red light and button.
- Remove the wire harnesses and module. Replace it with the new module and reattach the wire harnesses.
- Replace and secure the control box cover (two screws) followed by the front panel (four bolts).
- Reattach the ground cable to the ground terminal inside the front panel between the panel and from the mount.
- Place the battery into the battery box.
- Reconnect the red (+) cable to the battery followed by the black (-) cable.
- If the battery does not have enough of a charge to electrically start the unit, use the recoil starter and allow it to run for approximately two hours to recharge. Once the battery has been recharged, the unit will start with the wireless remote or by using the ignition switch located on the power panel.