Mobility Kit Installation (Axle)
The bulletin covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: All units January 1, 2013 or older.
Read instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
Install the Wheel Kit
You will need the following tools to install the wheels: 12 mm wrench, socket wrench with a 12 mm socket, and pliers.
- Before adding oil to the engine, tip the generator slowly, so that the engine side is up.
- Bolt the axle to the frame.
- Slide a wheel onto the axle.
- Place a washer on the end.
- Install the cotter pin through the hole on the end of the axle.
- Carefully bend the legs of the cotter pin back around the axle.
- Repeat steps 3-6 to attach the second wheel.
Install the Support Leg
- Attach the rubber vibration mount to the support leg with a cap screw (M8x20) and lock nut (M8).
- Attach the support leg to the generator frame with cap screws (M8x30) and lock nuts (M8).
- Tip the generator slowly, so that it rests on the wheels and support leg.
Install the Handle
- Line up the bottom hole on the handle with the bottom hole of the frame.
- Place a plastic washer on the cap screw (M8x50) and thread through the frame and handle.
- Place a plastic washer and lock nut (M8) on the end of the bolt and fasten securely. DO NOT over-tighten the lock nut.
View and download the PDF version here.