Engine Speed Setting Adjustment
This bulletin covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: All Champion Power Equipment models instilled with a 717cc or 754cc engine.
Please read all the instructions carefully before performing this service.
- Engine speed is normally set to 3750 RPM (62.5 Hz) high speed to no load (HSNL).
- Set engine speed with no electrical load on the generator.
- Use long needle nose pliers, or a long screw driver, to bend the spring anchor on the fixed speed controls:
- To increase the engine speed HSNL, bend the spring anchor tang on the fixed speed controls away from the governor lever to increase the spring tension.
- To decrease engine speed HSNL, bend the spring anchor tang on the fixed speed controls toward the governor lever to decrease spring tension.
View and download the PDF version here.