Engine Speed Setting Adjustment
This bulletin covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: All Champion Power Equipment models instilled with a 717cc or 754cc engine.
Please read all the instructions carefully before performing this service.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the product without first stopping the engine and disconnecting the spark plug wire.
- Burns from hot parts — let the engine cool completely before touching hot parts.
- Injury from moving parts
- To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, be careful when working around gasoline. Keep cigarettes, sparks and flames away from all fuel‐related parts.
- Engine speed is normally set to 3750 RPM (62.5 Hz) high speed to no load (HSNL).
- Set engine speed with no electrical load on the generator.
- Use long needle nose pliers, or a long screw driver, to bend the spring anchor on the fixed speed controls:
- To increase the engine speed HSNL, bend the spring anchor tang on the fixed speed controls away from the governor lever to increase the spring tension.
- To decrease engine speed HSNL, bend the spring anchor tang on the fixed speed controls toward the governor lever to decrease spring tension.
View and download the PDF version here.