Carburetor Replacement (3100-3500-Watt Gasoline-Only Inverters)
This bulletin covers the following models: 75531i, 75555i, 100233, 100269, 100523.
*Specifications, descriptions, and illustrations in this technical bulletin are as accurate as known at the time of publication but are subject to change without notice.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the generator without first stopping the engine and disconnecting the spark plug wire.
- Burns from hot parts — let the engine cool completely before touching hot parts.
- Injury from moving parts
- To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, be careful when working around gasoline. Keep cigarettes, sparks and flames away from all fuel‐related parts.
1/4 or 3/8 drive
6 or 12 "
7 mm, 8 mm, 10 mm
Black Sharpie Marker
- Ensure that the engine switch and fuel valve are in the "OFF" positions.
- Remove the two Phillips screws to remove access panel.
- Gently pull the spark plug cap by firmly grasping the spark plug insulator at the base. Leave it disconnected while working on the unit.
- Locate the fuel drain hose and route it into your approved fuel container. With the drain tube in place, open the drain screw (counterclockwise) only enough to start the flow of gasoline. When the fuel stops flowing, tighten the drain screw (clockwise) back up.
- Remove the breather tube between the valve cover and the air filter case and un-clip the buckle.
- Remove the three Phillips screws from the left handle.
- Separate the handle along the center seam and pull it downwards toward the top of the unit.
- Whit a Phillips screwdriver, remove the two screws on each side, and with a ratchet and 10 mm socket, remove the two shoulder bolts at the bottom.
- To remove the left-hand side cover, gently pull away from the right side toward the left, almost like opening a door. Disconnect both rubber pipes from the carbon canister and them remove the left-hand cover completely.
*Carbon canister on USA models only
- Lift up the wire clamp and pull it back to release the wires.
- Remove the two pressure plate bolts with a 7 mm socket.
- Once screws are removed, gently pull upwards on the control unit evenly. DO NOT FORCE.
- Place the control unit face down as shown and disconnect the Molex connector with the black insulator by squeezing the locking tab and pulling it up.
- Move the stepper motor wire connector off to the left-hand side and move the control unit over to the right.
- Disconnect the fuel tank vent line from the intake inlet tube.
- Gently pull the side anchor outwards as you are opening and removing the cover. Next, remove the air filter and set them both aside.
- Remove the two flange lock nuts with a 10 mm socket. Remove the steel flange and air filter case.
- Using a Sharpie, make the choke cable wire near the pinch nut, so you know how far it needs to go in when reinstalling. Remove the carburetor.
- Using your pliers, pinch the clamp to expand it and gently wiggle the fuel line and the clamp off.
- Loosen the choke cable clamp, screw, and loosen the cable wire clamp using a 7 mm and 8 mm wrench. Remove the choke cable from the wire clamp.
- Install the new carburetor insulator gasket. Take note of the shape, inner diameter, and direction of this gasket. Slide it back to contact the insulator.
- Reinstall the choke cable and insert the wire through the pinch nut and align it with the black line you put on the cable in the previous step. Tighten the choke cable clamp screw and tighten the cable wire clamp using a 7 mm and 8 mm wrench. Reinstall the fuel line by using your pliers; pinch the clamp to expand it and gently wiggle the fuel down and clamp it on.
- Insert the fuel drain hose back into the small hole in the base of the frame. Route the carburetor vent behind the air filter cover.
- Install the air filter gasket, and be sure to make note of the shape of the gasket and inner diameter.
- Install the air filter cover, steel flange, and attach the flange lock nuts with a 10 mm socket and tighten to 7 ft.-lb./84 in.-lb./9.49 Nm.
- Install the air filter as shown, clip on the air filter cover, and close it with the buckle on the left-hand side.
- Install the breather tube into the air filter inlet pipe.
- Follow these steps in reverse from step #15 to complete this procedure.