High Altitude Jet Installation
This covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: 163cc, 196cc, 224cc, 270cc, 338cc, 389cc, and 439cc.
Read instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the generator without first stopping the engine and disconnecting the spark plug wire.
- Burns from hot parts — let the engine cool completely before touching hot parts.
- Injury from moving parts
- To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, be careful when working around gasoline. Keep cigarettes, sparks and flames away from all fuel‐related parts.
- Using a standard Phillips head screwdriver, unscrew and disconnect the fuel cut-off solenoid (A) from the bottom of the carburetor float chamber. Do not lose or misplace the fuel cut-off solenoid o-ring or damage the needle. (B)Only 439cc, 389cc, and 338cc model engines have the fuel cut-off solenoid.
- Using a wrench or socket (10 mm for 196cc, 163cc), (14 mm for 439cc, 389cc, 339cc), unscrew the float chamber bolt from the bottom of the bowl. DO NOT LOSE OF MISPLACE THE FLOAT CHAMBER O-RINGS FOR THE CHAMBER OR BOLT.
- Using a standard flat head screwdriver, unscrew the standard main jet from inside the carburetor body stem.
- Gently shake or tap out the loosened standard main jet from the carburetor body stem and replace it with the correct altitude main jet. DO NOT REMOVE OR REPLACE THE MAIN NOZZLE (A) FROM THE CARBURETOR BODY STEM. IF REMOVED, REINSERT THE NOZZLE BACK INTO THE STEM BEFORE THE MAIN JET (B), IN THE CORRECT FACING POSITION PICTURED BELOW.
View and download the PDF version here.