How do I find the engine date of manufacture? (Pre-2011 Engines)
This bulletin covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: All Champion Power Equipment products equipped with gasoline-powered engines.
Read the instructions carefully and completely before performing the service.
- Make sure your engine is turned "OFF" and has cooled sufficiently to allow handling.
- Locate the engraved serial number on the side of the crank case.
- The Date of Manufacture (DOM) indicator may be found within the engine's serial number. Locate the first four digits (all numbers) of the serial number.
- You may decipher the engine DOM as follow:
- First two digits = Year
- Second two digits = Month
Example: 1008 = August 2010
View and download the PDF version here.