Control Unit Replacement for 2000-Watt Cubed Inverters
This covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: All 2000W Champion Inverters.
Read instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the generator without first stopping the engine and disconnecting the spark plug wire.
- Burns from hot parts — let the engine cool completely before touching hot parts.
- Injury from moving parts
- To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, be careful when working around gasoline. Keep cigarettes, sparks and flames away from all fuel‐related parts.
- Remove the handle bolts in the four corner pockets with a 10mm socket.
- Remove the Phillips head screw inside of the fuel knob, then take it off.
- Remove the gas cap and then lift the panel off. It will snap off easily. Remember to replace the gas cap after the top panel is removed. Be sure the fuel cap vent is in the "OFF" position.
- Remove the three gas tank bolts on top of it with a 7mm socket.
- Lift the gas tank up and hang it over the backside panel with the hose connected.
- Loosen the plate bolt on the end of the module front side. Remove the bolt and plate on the end of the module backside. Use a 10mm socket with an extension.
- Carefully depress the lock tab on all the white molex plug-ins on the module and unplug.
- Remove the complete module from the chassis, lifting it upwards.
- Reverse the previous steps for the installation of a new module assembly.
View and download the PDF version here.