Cleaning the 2000-Watt Inverter Pilot Jet
This bulletin covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: All 2000-watt inverter models.
Read instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
- Remove the Phillips head screw holding the black pilot jet capture plate by going through the access hold in the stepper motor support plate. Remove the capture plate as well.
- Use a small pocket screwdriver, lift the pilot jet a 1/8th of an inch in order to grab the jet with a pair of needle nose pliers. Use these to remove the jet from the carburetor.
- Using a strand of copper wire small enough to fit through the hole, clean the jet passage way. Then spray through the jet with carburetor or brake cleaner, and then compressed air if possible.
- Reinstall the pilot jet making sure the groove on top of the jet is inline with the airflow.
- Reinstall the pilot jet capture plate and Phillips head screw.
View and download the PDF version here.