How to Bench Test a Winch Motor
Read instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the product without first stopping it.
- Injury from moving parts.
- Connect an earth cable to the motor earth (bolt on the bottom of the winch motor).
- Connect a cable between terminal F1 and terminal A. (Diagram 1)
- To test, connect a live cable to terminal F2.
- To test the other polarity, connect a cable between terminal F2 and terminal A. (Diagram 2)
- To test, connect a live cable to terminal F1.
If you are unsure, check with an auto electrician or contact your local winch supplier.
Always drive your vehicle according to the prevailing conditions and your own driving ability
View and download the PDF version here.