How to Replace a Blown Fuse
This covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: All Champion Power Equipment 50-100A Automatic Transfer Switches.
Read instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
ATS cannot be live or installed to perform this procedure. Be sure all power is disconnected before continuing. Failure to do so can result in serious injury or even death.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the generator without first stopping the engine and disconnecting the spark plug wire.
- Burns from hot parts — let the engine cool completely before touching hot parts.
- Injury from moving parts
- To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, be careful when working around gasoline. Keep cigarettes, sparks and flames away from all fuel‐related parts.
- Locate and remove the ATS cover plate by removing the mounting screws (1-4) shown below.
- A). Locate and remove the bus bar mounting screws (2-8/32) A shown below. B). Locate and remove the mounting bracket screws (4-10/32) B shown below. DO NOT MISPLACE SCREWS--THEY MUST BE RETURNED TO THE SAME LOCATION.
- Remove the mechanism from the cabinet and turn it upside-down to expose the fuses and replace the fuses as necessary.
View and download the PDF version here.