196cc Carburetor Installation
This covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: 196cc Engine Powered Generators.
Please note: Read instructions completely before performing service.
- Remove the gas tank for your convenience. Remove the four corner bolts located on the gas tank. Then take off the end plate securing the tank (two bolts). Remove the fuel line from the ON/OFF valve. Carefully slide the gas tank out of the frame until separated from the generator chassis. Place the gas tank in a safe location to prevent accidental damage.
- Remove the air filter cover, the foam filter, and the four Phillips head bolts securing the grid to the air cleaner base. Remove the 2-10mm nuts holding the metal air cleaner base to the engine. Remove the stabilizer bracket bolt at the lower part of the air cleaner base of the housing at this time.
- The throttle spring (very fine coils) which is installed around the governor rod can be carefully removed from the black pivot arm on the carburetor. After removal of the springs hook, rotate the black pivot arm in full rotation and life the governor rod out of the hole.
- At this time, removal of the old carburetor can be done. Pay close attention to the removal of any of the gaskets' positions and also the black plastic insulator used between the engine and the carburetor.
- Following the reverse procedures back to step 1 will allow you to install the new carburetor.
- The carburetor has factory settings and should not be adjusted.
View and download the PDF version here.