Operation at High Altitude Jet
This bulletin covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: All Champion Power Equipment products instilled with a 717cc gasoline-powered engine.
Please read the instructions completely and carefully before performing the service.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the product without first stopping the engine and disconnecting the spark plug wire.
- Burns from hot parts — let the engine cool completely before touching hot parts.
- Injury from moving parts
- To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, be careful when working around gasoline. Keep cigarettes, sparks and flames away from all fuel‐related parts.
- Unlock fasteners (1) by rotating them 90 degrees to the counterclockwise position. Remove the air cleaner cover (2) by pulling it forward.
- Remove the air filter (3).
- Loosen the fuel hose clamp (4) and remove the fuel hose (5). Loosen the breather tube clamp (6) and then remove the breather tube (7).
- Disconnect the taking-up spring (9) and remove the governor link (8) and from the carburetor throttle lever.
- Disconnect the choke link (10) from the control arm by pulling up on the retaining clip (11), and then remove the choke link from the carburetor choke lever.
- Disconnect the wire harness connector (12) from the carburetor fuel-cut solenoid.
- Remove the bolts (13). Slide back the air cleaner elbow (14), gasket (15), and carburetor (16).
- Remove the float bowl screws (17). Lift the float bowl (18) straight away from the carburetor body.
- Remove the float assembly (18) and the o-ring (21) from the carburetor body.
- Remove the o-ring (22) from the float assembly (18).
- Remove the main jet assemblies (23) by pushing them out from the top side of the float assembly (18) using a suitable rod such as 1/8" pin punch for jet removal.
- Insert the high altitude jet assemblies (24) from the bottom side of the float assembly (18). Using a suitable rod such as a 1/8" pin punch, press the jets until they are flush with a float assembly surface.
- Install o-ring (22) and gasket (25) into the float assembly (18).
- Install the o-ring (26) to the carburetor body.
- Install the float assembly (18) to the carburetor body.
- Install the float bowl (17) to the carburetor body; tighten the screws (16) to a torque of 3.9 Nm (25 in.-lb.).
- Reassemble the carburetor/float bowl assembly onto the engine in reverse order of steps seven to one. Torque the carburetor/air cleaner elbow bolts (12) to 9 Nm (78 in.-lb.).
View and download the PDF version here.