Reprogram Wireless Remote (Push-Button Generators)
This bulletin covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: All Champion Power Equipment.
Read instructions completely before performing service.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the generator without first stopping the engine and disconnecting the spark plug wire.
- Burns from hot parts — let the engine cool completely before touching hot parts.
- Injury from moving parts
- To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, be careful when working around gasoline. Keep cigarettes, sparks and flames away from all fuel‐related parts.
Generator MUST be completely OFF. No lights should be showing on the push-button engine switch.
- Press the push-button engine switch. It will flash orange.
- Locate the red programming button on the back side of the control panel.
- Push and hold the red programming button for approximately three seconds until the push-button engine switch stops flashing. The switch will show solid orange.
- Push and release the "STOP" button on the remote to erase the remote program. It will briefly turn green.
- Push and release the "START" button on the remote to program the remote. It will briefly turn green.
- Push and hold the red programming button for approximately three seconds until the push-button engine switch starts flashing orange again.
The remote is now programmed to start and stop the generator from an unobstructed distance of up to 80 feet (24m). Refer to the generator's operator's manual for complete starting and stopping instructions.
View and download the PDF version here.