Air Supply Hose Replacement
This bulletin covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: C90050, C90051, and C90053.
Please note: Reach instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
- Remove the swivel and mounting brackets.
- Remove all 4 Phillips head screws on the black plastic cover on the right side. Continue to remove all Phillips head screws on the exterior of the reel.
- Once all screws have been removed, lift off the main cover. Take note of the location of the steel rod and screw thread assembly.
- Remove stop ball from air hose (it may automatically recoil in). Slide up the black rectangular window.
- Remove screw thread assembly and main hose reel. Cut white plastic zip tie and undo the clamp to release the old air line.
- Install the new hose, tighten, and attach the new zip tie. Starting at the same point, wrap up the hose counter-clockwise on the main reel only overlapping the hose at the ends. Tuck the last bit of hose into the main reel so it is not left hanging.
- Install the rubber belt onto the main reel and install it into the screw thread assembly pulley. Holding both pieces, lower the main reel over the splined shaft through the hole to line up the splines. When lowering it down, keep tension on the roller guide and it down over the boss sticking up from the lower case half. Try and attempt to have the guide slot at the top of the white thread rod.
- Install the black rectangle piece back onto the lower case half. Now grab and loosen the end of the air hose, and while holding the hose guide down, rotate the main hose reel 1-2 turns to pre-wind the recoil spring. Feed the loose end of the hose through the screw thread assembly, then through the black rectangular window, and install the hose stop. Now install the steel rod into the hole in the lower case and install the top half down make sure to ling up the guide boss with the screw thread assembly. Make sure the hose guide sets onto the steel rod because if it is not set into the reel the hose will retract and will rotate back, hitting the hose.
- Place the main cover back on the reel and reinstall and tighten all the screws holding the cover. Align the small yellow cover and install the screws.