Choke Plate Replacement
This covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: 270cc - 439cc Engine Powered Generators.
Read instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
- Remove the air cleaner cover by unsnapping the clips and remove the air filter.
- Remove the six - 5 mm nuts that hold the plastic air filter seat in place, then pull out the filter seat.
- Rotate the choke lever, so the plate is completely open.
- Using a pair of needle nose pliers, grab the choke plate and pull outwards; the plate will slide out of the choke shaft.
- There is a small dimple on the flat side of the choke plate, be sure the dimpled side is facing the right. If the plate is installed upside-down, the plate will not line up in the venturi properly.
- Slide the new choke plate through the slot in the choke shaft and with your thumb, press the plate in until it snaps in to place. You will hear a click and the plate should not move inside the shaft.
- Once locked in to the shaft, close the choke and be sure to watch the groove on the left to be sure it properly lines up in the venturi.
- Reinstall the air filter seat with six - 5 mm nuts, put the fulter back in place and fasten the air cleaner cover.
View and download the PDF version here.