Choke Lever Replacement (196cc Gasoline Engine)
This covers all Champion Power Equipment models featuring a 196cc gasoline engine:
Read all instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
- Locate the air filter box (black rectangular box to the left of the recoil starter).
- Release the upper and lower wire clips on the cover and remove it.
- Remove the foam filter element and plastic grid from the air filter box.
- Loosen the nut on the lower, back side of the air box. It does not need to be fully removed.
- Remove the two 6 mm flange nuts that hold the air cleaner box to the carburetor.
- Remove the air box from the studs and push it slightly to the left.
- Lift the choke lever off of its holding pivot.
- Install the new replacement choke lever. Set the small pin of the lever into the ling slot on the choke butterfly rotating plate.
- Position the sealing gasket between the carburetor and the air cleaner box.
- Align the air cleaner box over the carburetor studs. Make certain the retaining tab covers the choke lever and will not allow it to lift away from its pivot stud.
- Place the two 6 mm flange nuts on to the studs and tighten firmly.
- Tighten the nut on the lower back side of the air box.
- Reinstall the plastic grid into the air box and place the foam filter inside.
- Place the air filter cover in position and hook and lock the upper and lower wire clips.