Cold/Hard Starting Tip
This bulletin covers the following Champion Power Equipment models with the following engines: 338cc and 389cc.
Read instructions carefully and completely before performing service. No tools are required for this.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the generator without first stopping the engine and disconnecting the spark plug wire.
- Burns from hot parts — let the engine cool completely before touching hot parts.
- Injury from moving parts
- To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, be careful when working around gasoline. Keep cigarettes, sparks and flames away from all fuel‐related parts.
This technique provides more fuel to the engine to assist with hard-starting generators (e.g. cold weather starts).
- Begin by choking the engine as usual. Facing the recoil side of the engine, locate the governor arm. It is located above the recoil assembly and connects the carburetor to the engines governor.
- Next, push the governor arm to the left (towards the carburetor) to the full idle position. Release the arm as you crank the engines. Once the engine starts, push in the choke.