Snow Blower Valve Adjustment
This bulletin covers the following models: All 224cc, 301cc ,and 338cc snow blowers.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the product without first stopping the engine and disconnecting the spark plug wire.
- Burns from hot parts — let the engine cool completely before touching hot parts.
- Injury from moving parts.
- To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, be careful when working around gasoline. Keep cigarettes, sparks and flames away from all fuel‐related parts.
All snow blower valve lash settings in summer [set at room temperatures about 50°F – 86°F (10°C-30°C)]:
- Intake Clearance: 0.10 ~ 0.15 mm (.004”- .006”)
- Exhaust Clearance: 0.15 ~ 0.20mm (.006” - .008”)
In winter adjust the lash settings outside in temperatures of <32°F (0°C):
- Intake Clearance: 0.05 ~ 0.10mm (.002” - .004”)
- Exhaust Clearance: 0.10 ~ 0.15mm (.004” - .006”)