CO Module Replacement (Electronic Fuel Injection Generators)
The following bulletin covers the following models: 100485.
Please read and view the following instructions carefully and completely before performing the service.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the generator without first stopping the engine and disconnecting the spark plug wire.
- Burns from hot parts — let the engine cool completely before touching hot parts.
- Injury from moving parts.
- To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, be careful when working around gasoline. Keep cigarettes, sparks and flames away from all fuel‐related parts.
About CO Shield
CO Shield is a helpful, lifesaving device that will shut down your engine when dangerous levels of carbon monoxide are detected in the air. Sometimes the CO Shield module needs to be replaced, and this should only be done after consulting with a member of the Champion Technical Support team and receiving a replacement module. Do not try to follow these steps to simply disconnect and bypass the CO Shield - this module is there for your safety, and your engine will not start or run without this module connected.