Quick Connect Installation
This covers the following Champion Power Equipment models: C10001 (ATV Quick Connect) and C10002 (Heavy Duty Quick Connect).
Read instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the product without first stopping it.
- Injury from moving parts.
If installing only one set of quick connects, be sure to install on the positive and negative leads that attach to the battery.
- Cut the positive and negative leads at the location where the quick connect is to be installed. Cut the cables in the same spot to maintain similar lengths for both positive and negative leads.
- Strip the insulation off the copper wire at the installation point. Remove approximately 1' off the insulation from the battery lead. When stripping the insulation, be careful not to cut the proper wire.
- Slide the bare copper wire into the metal quick connect terminal. Insert as much of the wire in the terminal as possible to prevent any power loss when using the winch. Crimp end of the quick connect terminal to ensure the copper lead does not separate from the terminal. If there is any excess copper wire outside of the terminal, isolate it with electrical tape.
- Insert the quick connect terminals into the plastic quick connects, matching the positive (red) lead to the positive side of the quick connect and doing so the same for the negative (black) lead. Be sure to press the terminal to lock it over the metal tab in the end of the plastic quick connect.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for reach additional quick connect.
View and download the PDF version here.