3000-lb. Winch Cable Replacement
This article covers the following models: 3000-lb. winches.
Please read and view the instructions carefully and completely before performing servic
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the product without first stopping it.
- Injury from moving parts.
- Freespool the existing cable and remove it from the winch spool. A set screw may need to be removed to fully disengage. Follow either steps 2 or 3 depending on the kind of screw your winch spool has.
- If your spool uses a panhead screw to attach the line, use the steel eyelet provided in the synthetic line.
- If your spool uses a set screw or tie-off, you may cut the eyelet off and feed it through the hole in the spool. Be sure to knot accordingly and replace the set screw.
- Engage the clutch and respool the line onto your winch.
- Position a protective sleeve on the line as desired.
- Reuse the existing winch hook.