Recoil Install for Clamshell Inverters
This bulletin covers the following models: 100306,100414, 100402, 100565, All other Clamshell-Style Inverters
Please read the instructions carefully and completely before performing the service.
- Remove a total of eight screws from the left and right cover assembly, and then take off the left and right cover assemblies. NOTE: There are two tapping screws at the bottom of the right panel side--remove them.
- Remove all screws and bolts of the front cover/rear cover. Remove the snap spring under the fuel spill rubber. Lastly, remove the rear cover and the illuminator.
- Pull out the fuel hose from the fuel switch and remove the fuel tank. (If the unit has a fuel level sensor, unplug the connector of the sensor.)
- Remove the screws to take off the right cover. Remove the screws of the handle-oriented plate and have the recoil handle through the front over.
- Pull out the fuel hose from the carburetor inlet nozzle to have the front cover move freely.
- Unscrew the two bolts from the metal bracket. Unplug the connectors of the right panel and the controller module.
- Unscrew the bolts of the recoil cover and remove the recoil assembly.
- Put the new spring into the pulley if needed to replace a new spring.
- Put the new rope into the pulley and secure it with a stop-knot. Next, rotate the rope clockwise (spring side towards you [about 3.5 turns]) until the rope aligns with the open slot on the outer edge of the pulley.
- Apply lubricant or grease to the shaft of the recoil cover and insert the pulley to the recoil cover.
- Pull the rope into the slot and take the loose part of the rope inside the pulley and rotate the pulley about three turns (counterclockwise) until the tension spring resists. Hold the pulley from reversing until the rope is ready to wind back onto the pulley. Feed the rope out to the hole of the recoil cover and pull it through the guide hole on the outside of the recoil cover. Place the guide plate/pull handle on the rope and secure it with a stop-knot.
- Place the two detend springs as shown.
- Place the two plastic detents into the spring positions with some lubricant. Note the detents must press the springs when installing.
- Install the hoop onto the the plastic press plate, and put the plastic press plate onto the plastic detents. The salient of detents must snap into the guide slot of the press plate.
- The bolt can have some locking glue; place the bolt into the through-hole of the press plate and tighten the bolt.
- Secure a stop-knot at the end of the new recoil cover end.
- Pull the rope out for some length and secure a stop-knot. Next, disassemble the oriented-plate from the old recoil assembly and install it to the new one.
- Reinstall the recoil assembly with the tightening bolts. Have the recoil handle and oriented-plate through the front cover. Lastly, install the oriented-plate to the panel and tighten the screws.
- Reinstall the metal bracket and plug in all the connectors.
- Reinstall the fuel tank. Remember to plug the fuel hoses to the fuel switch side and the carburetor inlet nozzle side.
- Reinstall the front cover, rear cover, and illuminator, and tighten the screws and bolts. Do not forget the tapping screws at the bottom and the snap spring.
- Reinstall the left cover and the right cover with the screws.
View and download the PDF version here.