Recoil Install for Cube Inverters
This bulletin covers the following models: 73540i, 73536i, 73535i. 100148, 100489, 100455.
Please read the instructions carefully and completely before performing the service.
- Unscrew the four bolts holding the handle and remove the handle assembly.
- Unscrew the fuel tank cap and remove the upper cover. NOTE: After removing the upper cover, re-screw the fuel tank cap to prevent gasoline from escaping.
- Remove the four corner panels.
- Remove the screws to take off the right cover. Repeat this for the left cover.
- Unscrew the three bolts that hold the fuel tank.
- Remove all the screws and bolts of the front and rear covers, and then take off the rear cover assembly.
- Remove the screw inside the fuel ON/OFF switch. Loosen the clamp of the fuel hose at the carburetor inlet nozzle to pull out the fuel hose, and then remove the fuel tank.
- Pull out some length of the rope from the recoil pulley and secure the stop-knot at the recoil cover end. Remove the recoil handle.
- Unscrew the bolts of the controller module, remove the rectifier on the controller module, and then unplug all of the module's connectors and remove it.
- Unscrew the recoil assembly and replace.
- Put the new spring into the pulley if needed to replace a new spring.
- Put the new rope into the pulley and secure it with a stop-knot. Next, rotate the rope clockwise (spring side towards you [about 3.5 turns]) until the rope aligns with the open slot on the outer edge of the pulley.
- Apply lubricant or grease to the shaft of the recoil cover and inset the pulley to the recoil cover.
- Pull the rope into the slot and take the loose part of the rope inside the pulley and rotate the pulley about three turns (counterclockwise) until the tension spring resists. Hold the pulley from reversing until the rope is ready to wind back onto the pulley. Feed the rope out to the hole of the recoil cover and pull it through the guide hole on the outside of the recoil cover. Place the guide plate/pull handle on the rope and secure it with a stop-knot.
- Place the two detent springs as shown.
- Place the two plastic detents into the spring positions with some lubricant. NOTE: The detents must press the springs when installing.
- Install the hoop onto the plastic press plate, and then put the plastic press plate onto the detents. NOTE: The salient of detents must snap into the guide slot of the press plate.
- The bolt can have some locking glue; put the bolt into the through-hole of the press plate and tighten the bolt.
- Secure a stop-knot at the end of the new recoil cover end.
- Tighten the bolts and reinstall the recoil handle at the front panel, then loosen the stop-knot. ATTENTION: Do now allow the recoil rope to interfere with the inner wire harness after installation.
- Reinstall the controller module and rectifier and plug all connectors.
- Reinstall the fuel tank and plug the fuel hose onto the carburetor inlet nozzle with the clamp. Reinstall the fuel ON/OFF switch.
- Reinstall the rear cover assembly, front cover assembly, and the fuel tank.
- Reinstall the left cover assembly and the right cover assembly.
- Reinstall the four corner panels. (Note the orientation of the decorative sheets marked with the "up" arrow). Reinstall the upper cover assembly.
- Reinstall the handle.
View and download the PDF version here.