Ignition Assembly Replacement for 2000W Inverters
This covers all Champion Power Equipment 2000W inverter models.
Read instructions carefully and completely before performing service.
- To reduce the risk of injury, user must read and understand the operator’s manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the generator without first stopping the engine and disconnecting the spark plug wire.
- Burns from hot parts — let the engine cool completely before touching hot parts.
- Injury from moving parts
- To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, be careful when working around gasoline. Keep cigarettes, sparks and flames away from all fuel‐related parts.
- Remove the handle bolts in the four corners with a 10mm socket.
- Remove the Phillips head screw inside of the fuel cock, then take it off.
- Remove the gas cap and then lift the panel off; it will snap off easily. Remember to replace the fuel cap after the top panel is removed. Be sure the gas cap vent is in the "OFF" position.
- Remove the three mounting bolts on the gas tank with a 7mm socket.
- Life and place the fuel tank over the backside of the inverter chassis. It will hang nicely without removing the fuel line.
- Locate the panel that houses the three LED lights and remove the four Phillips screws holding the panel to the front half of the chassis.
- Follow the choke cable to the carburetor and loosen the pinch bolt until the cable can be removed by pulling the choke knob through and out of the pinch bolt. (Hold the cable through the nut with needle nose pliers or wrench and loosen the Phillips screw.)
- Check for any wire ties holding the panel assembly from pulling towards you. Removal without replacement is OK.
- Open the panel assembly and replace the ignition assembly module with 2 Phillips screws.
- Reversal of the previous procedures will complete the installation.
View and download the PDF version here.