Gas Tank Replacement
This covers gasoline powered Champion Power Equipment generators.
You will need the followings tools to replace the gas tank: 10 mm wrench or socket, socket wrench with a 12 mm socket, 14 mm wrench, Phillips screwdriver, and pliers.
Remove the Tank
- On the recoil end of the generator, remove the end bar held in place by two 10 mm bolts.
- Loosen the wire retaining clip on the fuel line and remove the fuel line at the petcock valve.
- Remove the four 10 mm bolts from the corners of the bank.
- Slide the fuel tank out of the chassis towards the recoil end of the generator.
- Drain the tank completely into an approved container.
- Loosen the lock nut on the petcock closest to the tank with a 14 mm wrench. When the lock nut is loosened, unscrew the petcock from the tank.
- Remove the fuel gauge by carefully peeling back the ends of the decal on the gauge and remove the two Phillips-head screws.
Install the Tank
- Insert the fuel gauge into the tank and attach with two Phillips head screws.
- Insert the petcock valve into the tank and tighten by hand. Tighten the lock nut with a 14 mm wrench.
- Slide the tank into the generator chassis.
- Attach the tank to the chassis with the four 10 mm bolts.
- Attach the fuel line to the petcock and secure the wire retaining clip.
- Install the end bad and secure it with the two 10 mm bolts.
View and download the PDF version here.