Certified Snow Blower Spherical Bearing Replacement
This bulletin covers the following models: 100435 (060-3732-6), 100566 (060-3740-6), 100567 (060-3742-2), and 100568 (060-3744-8).
- To reduce the risk of injury, the user must read and understand the operator's manual before using this product.
- DO NOT make any adjustments to the snowblower without first stopping the engine, removing the engine key, and disconnecting the spark plug wire.
- Burns from hot parts - let the engine cool for 30 minutes before touching hot parts.
- Injury from moving parts - this machine may pick up and throw objects which can cause serious personal injury. Keep bystanders at a safe distance.
- To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, be careful when working around gasoline. Keep cigarettes, sparks, and flames away from all fuel-related parts.
- DO NOT run the engine with the belt guard removed.
Tools Needed: Ratchet, extension, sockets (size 10mm, 12mm and 13mm), Adjustable wrench, needle nose pliers, size 3mm Hex bit with bit holder driver, elastic band.
- Remove the plastic belt cover on the front of the engine by removing the two M6 x 16 bolts with a 10 mm socket.
- Pull out the R-Pin and then remove the lever.
- Unscrew the nut of the auger control wire.
- Remove the #1 bolt (20 mm/ 30 mm) holding the belt guard with the 12 mm socket and loosen the #2 bolt. Note the spring is loose at this point. Be careful not to lose the fitted spacer washer (#3).
- Unscrew and remove the 6 x M8 nuts to separate the auger housing from the base with the 12 mm socket. (Image shows the top pulley removed.)
- Loosen the M8 flange locking nut on the belt guard with a 12 mm socket, and push the tension wheel and lever to remove the belt as shown with the arrows.
- Slip the auger belt off the pulley. Remove and replace the belt in reverse order, ensuring that the new belt is below the spring-loaded idler pulley. Lose the 6 x M8 x 16 flange bolts with the 12 mm socket (three on each side of the big housing assembly) holding the worm gear box assembly.
- Unscrew the center M8 x 25 hexagon bolt on the big triangle pulley with a 13 mm socket and remove it. Be careful not to lose the 6 x 6 x 15 flat key. Once removed, unscrew the 3 x M8 flange bolts with a 12 mm socket holding the pressing plate bearing in place.
- Remove the existing spherical bearing and replace it with a new spherical bearing with the set of screws and pressing plate.
- While pushing in on the worm gear box assembly from the front, tighten the 6 x M8 x 16 flange bolts (three on each side) of the big housing assembly. Tighten the set screws on the spherical bearing with the 3 mm hex bit and replace the pressing plate.
- Replace the big triangle pulley center bolt with the 12 mm socket and belt. (Use a rubber band to secure the auger belt in place for assembly.)
- Reassemble the unit by following the instructions in reverse order from steps five to one.